Time: Full or Half Day (can be run as a 1hr 30min introductory session)
Trainer: Russell Goldsmith
There is no doubt that podcasting is in the ascendancy and this step-by-step session will teach you all you need to know about how and why it can work for your brand.
We’ll explore why podcasting is more popular than ever, how easy it is to produce your own podcasts, where to upload and host them, and how to get people to listen and share your content.
This is a fun and highly practical session in which you will learn the podcast process from start to finish.
You’ll develop the confidence to produce professional, targeted, effective podcasts, which will help you and your brand/organisation to stand out from the crowd.
How attendees will benefit
- Format – Deciding the style of podcast best suited to your objectives/messages/content. How to be creative, innovative and memorable. Consideration of pace, length (5 or 60+ minutes) and mood of the piece.
- Preparation – Understanding your audience and how to reach them. Researching your topic, writing scripts and running orders, selecting content and contributors, plus question tactics to enable you and your guests to tell an engaging, inspiring, entertaining and educational story in 5min-60min of audio or more – whatever is required.
- Production – How to record your own podcasts or when to bring in the professionals/hire studios
- Editing – Tips on how to edit your show and the software to use.
- Hosting – Where to upload your podcasts, so your listeners can easily subscribe and share the content.
- Distribution – How to gain more listeners and drive engagement with the show.
- Measurement – Reporting on who is listening, where and for how long, based on the available data.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone working in PR, Marketing Communications and Social Media who is looking to create engaging content.
Whilst not essential, we recommend you attend with your own laptop and headphones for the practical element of this course. We will provide links to recommended software for you to download in advance of the workshop.
Please use the contact form to discuss the fees and to book this workshop at your offices for your wider team.
“At CFA UK we are keen to empower our in-house staff to produce video and podcast content to support our membership engagement strategies and bring to life our members’ voices. Russell and Pete from Audere Communications adopted an energetic approach to this project and really understood our business needs. They created, planned and delivered a comprehensive training programme with a carefully balanced a combination of theory and practical skills expertly crammed into one day! The team really enjoyed the session – and I am delighted that they have already started to implement their new-found skills and knowledge.”
– Fiona Edwards, Head Marketing & Communications,CFA UK
“The PRCA podcasting course was well organised and well structured, leaving us with a better understanding of the power of podcasting and this important communications tool. Together as a small group, we explored why podcasting is more popular than ever, how podcasts can be produced and where to upload and host them. We were also given a flavour of the different kit that can be used to create podcasts and it’s fair to say that I left the course feeling more confident in my ability to create professional and effective podcasts.”
– Alice Rook, PR Account Manager, Liz Lean PR
Russell has been producing and presenting the award winning csuite podcast series and has now interviewed over 275 guests across more than 75 shows.
The series began in May 2014 with the initial aim of targeting the hard to reach members of the csuite, to educate them about the role of social media in PR. However, the content has now grown to appeal to the wider communications and business audience and discusses all aspects of marketing, PR, social media, digital communications and innovations, featuring senior executives discussing the latest trends, campaigns and issues in the industry, sharing best in practice case studies.
The show has been recorded at a number of international events over the last 18 months including the World PR Forum in Toronto, Cannes Lions 2016-18, European Communications Summit, Brussels, Microsoft Future Decoded and the World Travel Market to name just a few.
Some csuitepodcast Testimonials from itunes:
“The csuite podcasts are always relevant and topical. I find them insightful and well balanced thanks to Russell’s stewardship of the interviews. Keep up the good work.”
“Worth following. Great line up of speakers discussing interesting topics. Well prepared and professionally delivered.”
“Next best thing to Radio4!”
“Great podcast covering all aspects of communications. Good and engaging guests sharing some great tips and interesting case studies..”
“Russell Goldsmith as an engaging, insightful interviewer who really knows his stuff”
“The interviews are great content for anyone interested in PR, marketing and communications.”
“This is high quality content delivered in a brilliant way.”